Glass Painting always astonished me in probably every possible way. Many might be assuming that glass painting is for the professional artist, let’s break the myth here. Glass painting is easy than it looks like, you don’t have to be all artsy to create beautiful glass painting ideas. A plain item like a glass can eventually be turned to something beautiful and valuable, just like an abstract art. Glass painting is a very ancient painting technique, that could be spotted on windows or doors of church, monuments and temples. History has inspired to such extent that glass painting is now considered as the most beautiful and sophisticated painting art. When the light passes through the transparent medium of painting, the results are just breathtaking. Learn more about the glass painting ideas and the ease with which it can be done from these glass painting ideas.
Glass Painting Ideas
Glass painting requires a different set of material but hold on, there’s a short list. Before you start going for a little glass painting material shopping.
- Glass Acrylic Colour (Water Based/ Solvent Based)
- Fevicryl Glass Liners (Water Based)
- OHP Sheet – A transparent sheet of A3/A4 size.
- Reference photo
Deciding The Glass
Glass painting is the simplest painting technique, there are no hard and fast painting techniques for it. All you need is patience, practice and a lot of experimenting. If you’re a beginner, simply jumping to painting on glass is going to be costly. So before you actually start painting glass painting ideas, try the OHP sheet. OHP sheets are easy, hassle free, easy to paint and frame. For a beginner, glass medium like glass sheet, glass pan, window pane can be quite challenging. Once you’ve learned to excel the OHP sheets, you can move ahead to flaunt your skills on other glass mediums. Learn to paint from acrylic painting, these technniques will make you the next Picasso.
Deciding The Painting Idea
Choosing what to paint is the most difficult part. For glass painting, you require a stencil of your desired pattern. If you’re less confident about your drawing, stencils and print out of the chosen pattern always help. If it is challenging to find the stencil, take simple designs like flowers, peacocks, geometric pattern that are easy to draw and paint. Live the life the Wiz Khalifa way, these quotes spread the Wiz Khalifa wisdom and saying.
OHP Sheet Painting Technique
- Take an OHP sheet of size A3 or A4 and clean it with a cotton cloth. OHP sheets are available in every stationary store. If you’re not a beginner, you can always start with glass.
- Choose the design you like from these glass painting ideas and take a print out of size matching with your OHP sheet.
- Tape the corners of your design on a cardboard and carefully adjust the OHP sheet over it. Now tape both the design print out and OHP sheet over it.
- Make sure your OHP sheet and design/ stencil are together and do not shake or move.
- Using the glass liners, cautiously trace the desired pattern outline on the OHP sheet. You can use black glass liner if you’re confused by the shade.
- The trick is to start from the top and gradually go down of the design. This will help with the smudging and make it look continuous.
- To avoid the thick lines, press the glass liners gently from the top. The outlining should neither be too thin nor too thick.
- Once the outlining is done, let the sheet dry for 10-15 minutes. In case you’ve made mistakes, don’t touch it when it’s wet. You can easily peel off after its dry.
- Start filling glass painting colours when it is dried. While painting you might observe the air bubbles, carefully using a toothpick or earbud pop it and paint.
- If the outline is thin, the adjacent colour might get mixed, avoid the mess, first paint one side and let it dry. Once it is dry, then proceed with the adjacent side.
- Once it is done let it dry for an hour then carefully remove the OHP sheet from the cardboard.
Framing The Art
For framing your art, the cheapest and easiest way is to use crushed foil paper as a background. This makes the painting stand out and enhances the glass paints appeal. Framing can be a little costly when it comes to glass painting ideas. Hang the painting in your living area and let the sun rays pass through the painting. Also read : [Touchy Heart Tattoos For This Year]
When sun rays pass through the colour tinted glass, it looks no less than the artificial colour lights. Glass painting is easy yet the most beautiful painting medium. You can paint the glass lamps, glass cups, glass sheets in the same way you paint on the OHP sheet. The technique is the same, the glass medium can be different. Happy glass painting! Find Out how Amazon forests are making their own rain, this will mesmerize you so much that your next painting topic is decided.