Do you know about the Arbor Day? Have you ever heard of it? This is a day, which is celebrated on the last Friday of the month April, and the day is devoted to plantation and caring of trees. This article is a tribute to those who spend their lives caring trees and give their life to protect the trees on this earth. But it is obviously for the tree lovers. Now the thing we will be discussing in this article is a bit different. For example, have you ever seen a tree that has got damaged or snapped due to a heavy storm? Most of the time, such trees removed from the place to set everything normal. But there’s more ways to help those trees to survive. Try out these first aid tips.
6 First Aid Tips to Help Trees after a Storm
1. Call an Arborist: A large tree can’t be treated all alone. You know well that we are not talking about plants. It’s a job of a professional arborist and you will obviously need a team to perform all the works. You will also need various types of equipments to perform all those. So it’s better to call an arborist in your location and take help from him or her about this matter.
2. Safety Precautions: Yeah the work is always risky and so you will have to maintain a lot of safety measures. Look for the power lines and the hanging branches around which can fall down any time. The main thing that you should be aware of is the electricity. This is the most dangerous thing. It may be possible that the falling tree has affected the overhead electric line and you will have to be careful about that. For more help, contact with the electricity department.
3. Remove the broken branches first: There may be many broken branches hanging from the tree. You first job is to remove all those. If this work is done properly, it will minimize your risk, the large branches should be cut off professionally by an arborist, as there are many techniques of cutting the branches.
4. Repair torn Bark: Smooth out the branch torn wounds with a chisel knife to improve the appearance of the tree and eliminate the hiding places of the insects. You will find a greenish inner bark, which should not be exposed, as it is responsible for carrying the foods and water between roots and leaves.
5. Control your urge to Over-Prune: You should not worry much if the tree’s appearance isn’t the perfect one. It’s obvious that the tree will look a bit different without its branches and leaves. But see the result after a few days and get amazed by their growth. They really heal very fast and bring the natural beauty again.
6.Avoid Topping the Trees: Individuals those who are completely untrained will suggest you to top the tree branches so that it can tackle with the storm again. But it is totally unhealthy for the trees. Arborists always say that cutting the main branches is one of the worst things you can do for a tree. It reduces the amount of foliage, which helps the trees to gather the resources of living.
So don’t hesitate anymore and sit on your home even after seeing a tree being removed after a storm. There are lot more to make them survive and you know about that now. Create a campaign and you will get many such tree lovers like you who will stand by your side. Yes, the tree first aid is very essential and yes trees do a lot for us and we should also do something for them.