Air pollution has become a major environmental health problem and serious issue for concern because it’s spreading like a virus in both developing and developed countries. How many of you know that the smog out there in the air will very soon blacken all major metropolitan cities? Yes…off course, why not! If you continue to hamper environment with hazardous air pollutants such as – vehicle exhaust fumes, dust, mist and smoke, then for sure..!
Due to increased levels of air pollution, sometimes the outside situation becomes so severe that airports and roads are closed for long hours and school children with pollution-filled lungs are sent to hospitals for immediate treatment. The face mask has become a part of many wardrobes as the pollution worsened. Aren’t you ashamed of yourself? When you see suffocating pictures of air pollution of your friends with a face mask shared on social media sites. Many of you may make a fun of it, but they are just trying to convey a simple message to u – ‘PROTECT YOUR LUNGS’! Does picture of baby receiving inhalation therapy creates a strong impact in your mind? If yes, then you must take necessary steps to protect your health from air pollution.
Suffocating Pictures Of Air Pollution
Air Pollution Effects on Animals
Excessive ultraviolet radiation coming from the sun through the ozone layer in the upper part of atmosphere which is eroded by some air pollutants causes skin cancer and breathing problems in wildlife. In this context, a picture of ‘horse’ inhaling oxygen through breathing machine may touch your heart.
• Also, Troposphere ozone layer damages lung tissues of many animals.
• Acid rain (mixture of sulfuric and nitric acids) falling on streams and lakes, acidifies them and destroy fish life in freshwater ecosystems.
Air Pollution Effects on Human Health
Poor air quality is giving birth to respiratory illness that many of us suffer from, isn’t it! Suffocating pictures of air pollution prove my statement correct! Do you know – ‘Filters’ that are not changed regularly in your air conditioning units accumulate dirt and cause the spread of pollutants in the air you breathe inside your home?
It’s quite surprising that air pollution causes asthma in children at young age! Small air particles from the polluted air get deep into the lungs and affect immune system functioning in a normal way.
What causes Air Pollution?
Both human and natural occurrences are responsible for polluting the environment. Natural phenomena’s include – volcanic eruptions, wind erosion, forest fires and evaporation of organic compounds. But, they rarely take place.
Human activities resulting in air pollution include –
1) Emissions of Harmful Gases from Factories and Industries – Pollution from industries are one of the primary sources of environmental contamination. Many of you may have noticed lots of SMOKE AND FUMES coming out of long chimneys of factories erected high into the air as shown in suffocating pictures of air pollution? These gases contribute lot to air pollution.
2) Burning of Crackers – As the festive season of Diwali arrives, we all get busy shopping for new clothes, candles, sweets, etc. But does your shopping list include crackers? Bursting of crackers contributes to air pollution creating negative impact on the health of young children. I don’t understand that why we forget – ‘A healthy and pollution-free environment is a wealthy environment.’
3) Pollution from Vehicles – Transportation plays a key role in many of us lives. Cars, heavy duty trucks , shipping vessels, buses, trains and airplanes all burn lots of fossil fuel which directly pollute our environment and it becomes difficult to breathe fresh air. But, the worst thing is that suffocating pictures of air pollution will continue to evolve like this and it’s difficult to manage air pollution because we ‘human beings’ rely heavily on vehicles for transportation purposes.
Since there are so many problems and diseases caused by air pollution, it is the duty of each one of us to try to contribute even in a small way to reduce air pollution.