How many of us realize the importance our one and only planet ‘Earth’? Only very few of us are aware about the truth that pollution, population boom and technological advancements are affecting our natural environment to large extent made of living and non-living things and human beings are dependent on these for their survival. To regain and maintain this balance in nature we need to conserve our environment.
Contributing small steps can save the environment at biggest level and helps in reducing environmental loss or degradation. Usually, what happens we all want to protect our planet and feel the changes in the environment, but we are mostly too busy or indulged in our daily hectic life that we don’t understand our one small step towards environmental protection can bring a big change in our lifestyle.
Small Steps Can Save The Environment At Biggest Level
So, common everyone how can we all just sit like that and see our mother ‘Earth’ getting destroyed each day. It’s our duty to conserve and protect our natural resources. Becoming more environmentally friendly is easier that we think. Get up and start taking small steps from today itself to make this planet a safe place for our future generations.
These Small Steps Can Save The Environment At Biggest Level
Check out 8 easy ways to become more environmentally friendly –
1) Protecting plants and animals is of utmost importance. Random cutting of trees or deforestation leads to various problems such as global warming, earthquakes, and reduction in rainfall, floods and animals becoming homeless. To counter this, we must protect our wildlife sanctuaries and national parks. We can also plant as many trees as we can.
2) Plastics should be disposed of carefully so that they do not clog or choke drains, do not become food for animals as they may choke and die and should not be thrown into the sea as they can kill sea creatures.
3) Many things that we use each day such as – paper can be recycled. They are put through a process that makes it possible to create new materials out of old ones. We can help by buying recycled products because our small steps can save the environment at biggest level. Many things such as greeting cards, paper towels, etc are made from recycled materials.
4) We can make our own compost bin. Start disposing of certain food and plant wastes in it. Over time, these will break down through a natural process called decomposition and the compost thus formed can be used for our plants and we will have less garbage.
5) Instead of throwing things away, we must try to find out ways of reusing them. We should take cloth sacks to the market instead of paper and plastic bags. This way, at least we will save some trees.
6) Reduce the usage of A/C, if you are using it regularly. A/C is the major reason for the holes in the ozone layers. This layer is responsible for protecting earth from harmful and powerful rays from sun. So, friends unless it’s quite important to turn on A/C in case of extreme hot weather, reduce its usage. After all, our small steps can save the environment at biggest level.
7) Smoke from industries and vehicles that burn fossil fuels pollute the air we breathe and lead to acid rain which is very harmful for the environment, as it causes terrible damage to trees, crops and buildings. It is, therefore, better for us to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and explore other sources of energy which are eco-friendly such as wind, water and sun.
8) We must donate our old clothes and toys to someone who actually needs them. We can give them to welfare associations. Doing this will not only protect the environment, but we will also become a part of good cause.
So, friends to prove this statement correct – ‘small steps can save the environment at biggest level’ we need to start from today itself by making compost bin from homes.