What Maori tattoos symbolizes
Maori tattoo designs have a lot of meanings. One has to really investigate and get in details of every thing to know it completely.
- Maori tattoo designs symbolize beauty to women and strength to men
- More than that it is meant to denote a person’s life, ideology, family, personals, values etc.
- When it is designed on the face it symbolizes death. That is the reason why the culture of drawing in faces is stopped now and these days.
- Since it depicts an individual person’s personal life, no two person’s tattoos are the same
- In fact in earlier days, Maori tattoos symbolize some changes and happenings in their life like the transition from kids to adulthood and the event of marriage.