It was amazing to find out that Japanese were also fond of tattoos, and the same was revealed after having a look at some of the ancient pieces made by them i.e. statues and pottery items. These tattoos were done by the upper class section of the society. The tattoos talked about the ancient culture of Japan and also were used by people to keep themselves away from the evil spirits. The tattoos were also made to convey that what religion they belong to, or what are their beliefs.
What meaning did Japanese Tattoos convey?
In earlier ages, the tattoos were made to inspire people about their religion or love, people used to get the name of their lovers inked on their hand, just to show that their love for the person is forever and it was a sign of promise.
- In seventeenth century Japanese tattoo designs were made to express their social and political support. So almost everyone in the society used to be a part of it, just to show their support towards the system. The tattoo designs were found on every hand be it office going people or farmers or shop owners, all of them came forward to give their full support towards politics.
- With changing times, both the intention and meaning of tattoos changed thus now it is used a piece of art more than a promise.
- There were different times when the tattoos had elaborate details and sometimes it just had a dot. The small signs of tattoos were made to cherish the romantic moments spent with loved ones. Like these dots used to symbolize the body part which was touched by your lover.
Where to get the Japanese tattoos done?
Initially the Japanese tattoos were not accepted with such broad minds. Hence the best place chosen for them was the back of a person.
- However with time it got social acceptance and now one can get it done on any part of his or her body.
- The tattoos of Japan, also talked about their culture, so a body full of tattoos could portray a whole long story about their history and country. And this gave birth to the fashion of full bodied tattoos, where people used to get them inked all over.
From where to find these Japanese tattoos?
One should be aware of the places where they can find the Japanese tattoos:
- Believe me it is not at all difficult job to search for a design on internet, you have to scroll on internet for some minutes, and you will get what you want.
- Type down your requirement on Google search engine, and I am sure it will come out with handful of results for you. But be aware while searching for these designs on internet; be sure that they are the real Japanese tattoos you are picking up.
- You can visit some of the art galleries to get an idea of the tattoos or chose a perfect design for yourself.
- You can hire an artist who is knowledgeable and also well equipped with skills such that he can draw the tattoo in a perfect way just like the way you wanted.
Chinese v/s Japanese Tattoos
The purpose of getting inked varies from one person to the other, like in case of Chinese tattoos it is done to label men who had criminal records or who are not fit to be a part of this society, while for Japanese it was done to honour people whom they consider as assets to the society as a whole.
It is always a good idea to come close to the culture of different nations and get it inked on your body, but it is suggested that such piece of art should be done by experts in order to get the best results.