Let us approach this matter from the point of view of divorce. Why do so many divorces occur? Is it about money or is it about infidelity? No one knows for sure, all they know is that more than 50% of marriages are now ending up in divorce. As a result you can see many people opting to stay single rather than go through the process of marriage.
What brought about the institution of marriage anyway? Was it about some weird social compulsion or was it just something that people felt they had to do? We don’t know but the fact is marriage has become a norm in the world today with many people trying it on not once but twice. Whatever the matter is, one really has to think deep and hard before taking this step. This way one can avoid the feeling of disappointment when things don’t work out. In fact when you think about it, there are many reasons that staying single makes a lot of sense. Here are some for you to ponder on:
- You answer to no one for your time: That is the fun part of being single; never having to account for your time. You need never feel guilty about the time and attention that you spend on yourself. It is all yours and it is completely without guilt!
- There is much peace to be had: Since you are the only person in your home, you can enjoy absolute quiet if that is what you want. There is no talking if you don’t want to or for that matter noise of any kind unless you want it.
- The remote is yours: This is something that we all long for; total control of the remote control. It could be to watch your favorite program or simply to surf the channels as you please.
- Meals are what you decide or desire: Since you are on your own, you get the absolute freedom to eat when and what you want or even skip a meal when you feel like it.
- Staying up is easy: If you are the kind who likes to stay up till all hours of the night and wake up really late the next day, then the single state is the best for this too.
- Spend as you please: When you are single then you can avoid all those finance related fights and spend on what you want to the extent you want.
- You can set the temperature: When you live alone, another thing that works out really well is the temperature that you have on in your home. You can make it as hot or as cold as you want.
- You get to keep your vices: Each of us has some bad habits like being a slob or being very lazy or any other habit for that matter. Being single means that you can continue to retain these habits without feeling the pressure to change.
- Your pets stay: When a person is single, then the only person you have to think about or consider about before getting a pet is you. You have absolute freedom in this aspect too.
- No in-laws to deal with: Let us be honest, nobody likes having to deal with their in-laws and when you are on your own, you don’t have to.
- No divorce, settlements etc for you: The main advantage of being single is that you do not have to go through a messy divorce and all the pain that goes with it.